Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Eveyone warned me about hot it would be here, and the pickpockets, scammers and otherwise unsavory elements, the crazy drivers; I just wished somebody had mentioned the damned mosquitoes. Everyone here is covered in mosquito bites that get enormous and red whether or not you scratch at them, and Italian mosquitos seem to be able to fly without making a sound because I have yet to actually notice one of them. It's crazy, if they're such a problem why is it nobody or no guide book mentioned it until I got here?!

The rest of classes went fine yesterday, I ended up walking around WAY to much, though I did end up getting a full night's sleep for the first time since I've been here, and discovering a lot of neat little shops that are close to the apartment, including an English language bookstore and an art supply store. There was also a mix-up in my painting class, and as it turned out, so instead of the class being about painting in acrylics and in watercolor, so I am now the only person in the class to be using watercolor. Mom, I think you're right when you say I enjoy making things more difficult than they need to be, but after all the trouble I went through just to get here, I feel entitled.

Still trying to find out where the cell phone place is, and I am REALLY regretting not just getting on the the day I arrived instead.

No comments: